Monday 27 November 2017

Reveille II - 2017

Yesterday was the Lincombe Barn Wargames Society's annual show, Reveille II. It was held in the usual location, the Lincombe Barn, Overndale Road, Downend, Bristol BS16 2RW.

The show was pretty well-attended in terms of traders, private sellers and demonstration and participation games, so without further ado, here are the pictures.

First, some of the traders (I really wish that I'd photographed the Scene UK stall, because they have some really very nice new science fiction vehicles (quite a few of which aren't on their website yet), and their items are excellent stuff. I did buy some of the vehicles, though, for a future army I am planning for Alien Squad Leader. For anyone who is interested in these rules, Alex will be self-publishing the V 3.0 rule book via Lulu Publishing shortly, so it is worth checking their website in the new year.

Anyway, the traders;


Above, we have Matt Slade of Glenbrook Games Painting Services, plus some of the excellent dice and token bags produced by Saddle Goose Designs


Annie Norman from Bad Squiddo Games. I love Annie's stuff and her sheer enthusiasm for the hobby is brilliant. I could chat to her for hours.

Instant Armies






Scarab Miniatures



Geoff from Ham and Jam. His 28mm buildings are excellent.


Gloster Models.


The biggest game was this huge one run by the Skirmish Wargames group, with 54mm troops and some nice scenery and terrain;




Another fun game was Airspeed, a post-apocalyptic jet-bike racing game that clearly has nothing at all to do with a well-known sci fi film franchise at all, the rules being written by club member Clive Oldfield (the bikes come from Ramshackle Games and the buildings are Clive's own work);




Some terrific models and scenery here too.

Of course, being a show with traders, it was impossible to keep my purse in my handbag. I'll do another post with my purchases later this week. I could have spent a lot more than I did, but I have two new projects in the pipeline for 2018, so I restricted myself (a bit!) because there is online spending to be done.

There seemed to be a lot of happy people at the show, both traders and visitors and it was nice to catch up with people, including a few that I'd not seen in quite a while.

Apologies to all those whose stands didn't get photographed.

2 comments: