Monday 6 February 2023

I've been working on lots of scenic stuff

I needed to get lots more trees and hedges for 15mm wargaming and I've been working on them for weeks now. The word for this is BORING! but it had to be done.  Here are all the things I've done. Apologies for the picture quality. I was in a rush and used a camera that isn't really designed for close-up flash work.

First, here is an orchard. The trees are quite large for 15mm.

The trees are on bases and can be removed for ease of access to troops etc under the trees.

Next, a couple of small coppices. Again, the trees can be removed. These are a mix of large and small trees.


Twelve more small trees here, again on separate bases;


These will work well as trees lining fields or around the edge of a village, I think.

Next I have lots and lots of hedges of various kinds;



And to finish, some large free-standing trees and poplars to line roads;



I reused some old rough roads made from cork tiles as the bases for some of these items and used tongue depressors for other pieces.  
The flock and ballast stuff comes off very easily, but a blast with Hycote matt spray varnish seems to have stuck everything in place pretty well. 

The trees were all bought ready-made and came unbased, so I had plenty of flexibility as to how I used them. I bought them from K&M Trees. Nice stuff and quick and efficient service.


1 comment: