Sunday 10 July 2022

Two more vampires

I had a quiet lazy day yesterday, what with my partner being off out all day so I got on with some more painting and did two more vampires.

These have a much more Carpathian or Eastern European feel than the previous two. They are Noble Vampires from the North Star Frostgrave Blood Legacy range of figures and I really like them a lot. I probably won't ever play Blood Legacy, but these two have so much potential for all manner of things.

I think that the forested mountains of Transylvania are likely to be their original home, because they really do have that Balkan nobility vibe about them. There is a Gothic supplement for In Her Majesty's Name which has been brought up to date for the second edition of the rules. You can download it here. These figures seem to be pretty much perfect for IHMN, but are also going to work with all manner of horror or Pulp rules, and even with The Silver Bayonet, especially if you want to play in a Russian setting.

One of the nice things about a warm day is that things dry quickly and your varnish won't go cloudy. I got up before 7:30 this morning and varnished and photographed the pair of toothy horrors. I think that they have turned out really well.

4 comments: