Friday 8 July 2022

Ancien Régime Vampires

I am currently getting a few nice odds and ends out of the way before embarking on a new (as in, not one I was planning to do at all last year) big project.

First up are two vampires, both from the North Star Silver Bayonet range of figures.

I am really taken with the poses of these two, they are full of cunning and menace, as though they are waiting in some lonely place for passing victims.

I have called them Monsieur le Marquis and Madame la Marquise and I see them living in an ancient château somewhere quite remote in south-western France, maybe close to a village that is entirely under their control. Although they are dressed in the fashion of the 18th century, they are clearly far older beings, perhaps with lives that stretch back to the Middle Ages, if not before that.

Although designed for The Silver Bayonet, these figures clearly have a lot of potential for all manner of rules and scenarios. I think that they are terrific figures and they were a lot of fun to paint. as an aside, I gave Madame a green dress trimmed with yellow to echo the uniform (green with yellow facings) of the 17th century Régiment de Fimarcon dragoons, who by the Seven Years' War had been renamed the Aubigné Dragoons and were uniformed in red with (probably) green facings.

 

4 comments:

  1. I really like these figures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely paint job Carole. The Brother in Law and I both have copies of the Silver Bayonet rules but are yet to get a game in. These models look nice, I might have to get some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have the rules too, and three starter forces; British, Spanish and French. I need to paint them too.

      Delete
  3. Nice figures and painting, Carole! :)

    ReplyDelete