Sunday 24 April 2022

Finally getting back to my 17th century skirmishers

Yes, at last I am finishing off my second set of Bloody Miniatures figures.


This second set of 16 is collectively known as A Company Of Wolves and these four are called "The Moss Troopers".

The website describes these four as;

"A rapacious gang of brigands, freebooters, broken men, or discharged and destitute soldiers turned to banditry and ambuscades.

Hard-bitten irreconcilables for whom the war never ended - like the notorious Doones of Badgworthy Vale. This disreputable crew are attired in Dutch coats and boots, their hair worn long under broad brimmed hats. They’re well armed with pistols, swords and carbines."


I really love these guys, their poses are terrific and their long Dutch coats have a nice distinctive look too.


I started blocking in the base colours on these figures before Christmas but I packed them away safely and only got round to them recently because I had a lot of 15mm things that jumped the queue. I got seriously fed up with painting 15mm figures and it was a pleasant change to go back to bigger things to work on.


I have another 12 figures to finish off and hopefully I'll be posting them throughout the week.

2 comments: