Thursday 25 November 2021

The start of a much postponed new WW2 project

I have had this idea for quite a long time now, and actually bought most of the figures at Colours in 2019, but it just got put aside when the pandemic struck us in early 2020. All the figures in this project, except one are Peter Pig.

The project is a 15mm German Volkssturm Zug for late-war Chain of Command. My reason for doing this was to allow me to play games in the last months of the Third Reich when the Volkssturm were supposed to be Germany's last line of defence. It was also part of a bigger plan, which was to do 15mm Soviet forces for Chain of Command too. 

So, I've started work on these now, and here are the first fruits. These represent the heavier firepower for the force.

Here are two MG42 teams. These are actually late war German infantry in greatcoats, but you can't get Volkssturm figures with LMGs, well I couldn't find any. You'll note that I have attempted to paint Volkssturm armbands on them. 


Next, and this is for a specific project I have in mind is a Ranking Senior Leader (in CoC terms), a NSDAP Gemeinschaftsleiter (Community Leader), with a runner or bodyguard (this one is a Forged in Battle early war German infantry figure)


I also had some Peter Pig late-war German infantry with StG 44 assault rifles hanging around so, I decided that my project might have well have some Volksgrenadiers as a support option. I'll rate them as Green for CoC games.

This squad is a Junior Leader with an SMG (pointing, on the larger base) and seven men with the StG 44 rifles. 

My next post will be about the actual Volkssturm Zug once I have varnished and photographed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment