Saturday 23 October 2021

A small side project: 17th century skirmish miniatures

I have a thing about the wars of the 17th century. I've always been interested in the Thirty Years' War and the various Civil Wars of the British Isles, which are popularly, but inaccurately lumped together as "the English Civil War". When I discovered the excellent small range of figures being produced by Bloody Miniatures, I had to buy them. Here are the first four out of a total of 16;


These are going to be ideal for skirmish games or swashbuckling games, but could also play a role in games like The Pikeman's Lament or Donnybrook. These four are equipped with the classic straight-bladed Mortuary Sword of the period. 

I really enjoyed painting these minis. They are lovely sculpts and cleanly cast with nice crisp details. 

I have twelve more figures to paint and post, so keep watching!


2 comments:

  1. They're definitely swashbucklers! Good or nefarious ones, I can't tell... Might I suggest a shade wash on the faces? I feel like they're expressive sculpts but it's hard to tell without more contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are nice, and I could definitely find a use for them in skirmish games.
    Thanks for pointing them out!

    ReplyDelete