Saturday 14 November 2020

Mounted Shieldmaiden Hearthguards

Having finished my mounted Lagertha figure, I decided to press on and paint up the five Bad Squiddo mounted armoured Shieldmaidens that I've had for a fair while as her Hearthguard.

Firstly, here are the five riders alone;


And here they are led by their chieftain;


These are clearly going to be useful for all manner of games, particularly Saga Age of Magic (I will probably use them as a Horde), Lion Rampant and, especially Dragon Rampant, where I think a Shieldmaiden army would be a more acceptable option to put on the table than in the historical version of the rules. 

The tufts on the bases are all Gamer's Grass, also available from Bad Squiddo.

I now have six unarmoured mounted Shieldmaidens to paint, to bulk out Lagertha's cavalry forces.


3 comments:

  1. Carole,
    That unit is fantastic!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely batch of female warriors. The Bad Squiddo figures are very nice and you have done an excellent job painting and basing them!

    ReplyDelete