Friday 20 December 2019

My Condottiere (plus a few more Swiss)

At long last, I have finally finished off the commander of my Renaissance Papal band, the condottiere himself, accompanied by his gonfaloniere, or standard bearer with the Papal banner, blessed by His Holiness himself, no doubt.


I've also got around to finishing off six handgunners for the band, who are wearing the livery of the Canton of Uri, as are some of the band's pikemen and halberdiers.


If I deploy these guys in Lion Rampant, I will just use them as bidowers, because that will keep things nice and simple. I have six more handgunner bodies that aren't made up yet, so this also gives me the opportunity of filling their number out to make a larger 12-man unit, which means I could use them are firearm levies for a Great Kingdoms warband for Saga: Age of Magic.

I am still looking at the 12 undercoated crossbowmen, thinking that I really should get working on them, but I also have a load of 28mm Napoleonic Portuguese line infantry to get done before hte beginning of February. I cannot decide on the colour scheme for the crossbowmen, though, but I think they need to be red and white really.


7 comments:

  1. The papal armoiries are upside down. Is it deliberate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that was a mistake, which I have now rectified. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Carole,

    I really like the period, although not my focus at the moment I must get back to building my battle of Marignano project, thanks for the inspiration.

    Cheers
    Matt
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work!! Can't beat the Late Med./Early Renaissance period :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely figures, Carole, and just what I need, more distraction as I wasn't really aware of this period in wargaming but, blimey, it looks gloriously colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, it is a fascinating period, and I've always wanted an army for the period. Those Perry Plastics have made it an affordable luxury.

      Delete