Wednesday 7 August 2019

Some treasure scatter pieces from Bad Squiddo.

I bought these a couple of years ago but somehow managed to mislay them until about six weeks ago. I know that I had them with other scenic pieces to be painted and then, POUF! they were gone, as though some evil wizard had spirited them away. Somehow, they ended up in a box full of non-gaming stuff and I only found them while looking for something else.

You can find them on the Bad Squiddo website under the Bad Squiddo Terrain menu. Annie notes that;
"These sculpts were originally part of Ristul's Extraordinary Market and purchased by Bad Squiddo in 2018. We still work with Ristul to add new goodness to the range.". 
They were still Ristul items when I bought them, and I have to say that they are the best resin pieces that I have ever bought in terms of crisp detail, casting and general cleanliness. I have no reason to doubt that they are still of this first-rate quality.

First up are some treasure chests, in varying sizes and styles, all perfect for Frostgrave and pretty much anywhere else you might needs a chest or two.


Next are some lovely piles of treasure, just like you would expect to find in a dragon's horde or in a previously-undisturbed treasure chamber in Felstad or pretty much anywhere else you might stumble over skeletons in armour, heaps of gold coins, enchanted weapons and arcane artefacts.


These were a lot of fun to paint and so easy. I undercoated them in Halford's Matt Black spray paint, which covers perfectly and then built up the colours by dry-brushing, picking out details with a smaller brush.

I really need to show you the reverse view of the seated figure, because it is a beautiful piece of work;


Isn't that absolutely fantastic sculpting and casting? A real joy to paint. Mind you, with casts this good, the painting becomes so easy.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment