Friday 15 February 2019

Bad Squiddo female Soviet soldiers

First, a confession. I've had these figures for ages, I started painting them at least a year ago and then left them, mainly because other things took over, but also because I didn't really have any urgent reason to finish them off.

However, after paining up a dozen Renaissance gendarmes, I wanted a change before getting stuck into more Renaissance mounted figures, so, I dug them out and finished them off.

First, there is a Rifle section, with a Degtyaryov DP-27 LMG team, six soldiers with Mosin-Nagant rifles, two with PPSh-41 SMGs, an officer and a Commissar wearing a blue skirt), both equipped with pistols.


I deliberately chose to paint the figures in a mixture of uniforms. From what I have read, there was a fair amount of variation in the uniforms of the Red army, due to the use of different factories, different dyes and different fabrics, so it seemed to me that it was worth reflecting those variations in my Soviet women soldiers.

My next section is a scout unit, wearing camouflage.


There is another Degtyaryov DP-27 LMG team, a sniper and spotter team, a radio operator and map reader, and the section leader, equipped with a PPSh-41 SMG.

So, they are finally finished. I am still wondering what I will use them for, but perhaps they could be deployed to fight the Fascist menace in a game of VBCW, supporting my Women's Militia?


No comments:

Post a Comment