Sunday 2 September 2018

Frostgrave club league - Week Two

As today will be the third round of the club Frostgrave league, I suddenly realised that I'd completely forgotten to post anything about Round Two. So, I am going to remedy that now. As in Week One, the table was created in a kind of grid with a central enclosure where there were a number of treasures. This area was one with some kind of magical barrier that prevented wizards from casting spells into the centre, but allowed a magician inside to cast spells to locations outside the enclosure.


We had an extra player this week, Will, who took control of the guardians of the treasure, represented by two demons plus a large number of Undead; armoured skeletons, zombies and ghouls (These last were my figures. It was nice to see my figures on the table). We allowed Will to deploy or move as many of his guards as he rolled on a D6, with a score of 6 meaning he could deploy or move a demon, as well as his lesser guards.


I began by raising a Zombie in the pre-game phase, giving me an extra member of the warband. As I was using an Inn as my base, I had an extra place in the warband, which I awarded to a Treasure Hunter. I'd also replaced one of my Thugs with a Crossbowman.


This skeleton Giant Rat was treated as a living one.


Andy used Teleport to grab a treasure from close to me, but on opening it, two Snow Trolls appeared in the location from which he's magically grabbed the chest. This was going to cause me problems.


I decided that I'd have to get bodies into the central enclosure, to give me a chance of grabbing some loot, seeing as the treasure in my starting area had now gone.


The Snow Trolls were causing me a lot of grief. I had little option but to try and contain them.


I cast Wall, blocking my band off from attack by Owen. It didn't stop the skeletons, though.


I lost a few fighters, but managed to hang on inside the enclosure.


Andy's frogs were having problems with a Greater Demon, but he was also getting a treasure chest off the table.


Things were looking desperate for my Treasure Hunter. Would she succumb to the other Demon?


My ranks were now much depleted. Things were looking grim. However, we were close to calling time and I managed to get as many bodies as I could into the enclosure. Unhappily, I forgot to take any pictures.


In the final reckoning, I ended up with two treasure chests, which gave me a grimoire with a spell I already had, so I sold it, plus a couple of potions and a reasonable haul of gold. I lost one Thug dead, no great loss, because I now had enough money to hire a better replacement.

1 comment: