Well, the mystery is "where did he come from?"
He's a nice crisp 28mm resin cast and I'm pretty sure that he arrived chez moi as a freebie in an order from somewhere, but I really cannot remember when that was and which company I'd ordered from.
Anyway, I've not been doing much painting because I was away on holiday in Brittany for the first half of July and my little office/hobby room has been too hot for painting for most of the time since I've been back in the UK.
I have had the chance to start work on some sword-wielding North Star 28mm Mousquetaires and opponents from their 1672 range, mostly the opponents only, if truth be told. I've pretty much just blocked in the main colours on those, but I found time to finish off this little chap in between waiting for the paint to dry on the stabby guys.
I'm really rather pleased now he's turned out. I wasn't sure about a colour scheme for Dwarves for ages, but decided on a muted blue/grey palette, on the basis that in a tunnel or underground chamber muted blues and greys would make an adventurer harder to spot.
Of course, up close on a cropped image taken on a DSLR with a 25.7 megapixel APS-C sensor you'll spot loads of small errors that are near-invisible to the naked eye. In reality, as The Who once sang "It all looks fine to the naked eye but it don't really happen that way at all". You can't really tell from the photo, but he's standing in front of a Jon Hodgson tunnel entrance backdrop
Anyway, back to Shorty. He is obviously a Dwarf of high social standing, lots of nice armour, fancy breastplate etc so maybe he is a famous warrior or some kind of Lord. Who knows? He would be great in D&D.
No comments:
Post a Comment