Wednesday 18 September 2024

Finally! A few more completed figures.

This doesn't mean the arthritis has gone, just that I've had enough time to get these few done, a slow and infuriating 10-15 minutes of painting a day.

 

These are all Copplestone Back of Beyond British troops. Above is a Lewis gunner and an ammunition carrier, who make a nice two-man team and below are two more Lewis gunners, who really need a couple of ammunition carriers to make useful teams, but unfortunately North Star don't sell those guys separately.


I'll probably swap the gunner in the top photo with the one on the left in the lower one in actual games, so that they are both in shirtsleeves order.

I'm probably going to have to buy a couple more of the Riflemen packs to create a platoon of three sections of 10 men (7 riflemen, 2-man Lewis team and NCO) and then use existing figures for a platoon HQ (lieutenant and sergeant, plus a couple of runners). A source of spare Lewis magazines would be great to add to the webbing of two ordinary riflemen. I shall have to look online.

A complete platoon would be great for some 1920s and 30s Chain of Command in Central Asia, but would also be fine for other settings too.

5 comments:

  1. Interwar CoC sounds intriguing! Plenty of colonial/back of beyond/great power skirmish stuff going on for inspiration too.

    Glad to see you were able to paint a bit at least. Do you experience pain with the holding of the figures, or the brush, or both? Maybe some sort of ergonomic devices could help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pain is mainly along my thumbs and around my wrist, but also in the bones of my hands, therefore it doesn't matter what I hold, whether that is a brush, a figure or one of those figure clamps. I just have to take painkillers before I start painting and take breaks every five minutes to do finger and hand exercises.

      Delete
    2. That sounds terrible. Hope you get some relief.

      Delete
  2. There are lewis gun ammo pouches on the wargames atlantic ww1 brits and possibly their bef/home guard. I'm sure if you ask around some people must have some spares

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, thanks. I'll ask around.

      Delete