Friday 2 February 2024

Some figures I painted back in the 1990s

I was looking through some old PC backups on DVDs last week and I found a file of photos I took in 2005 with my first digital camera. They were of some Warhammer 40K figures from the 1990s. So, here they are. There are some more of my comments at the bottom.










There were a few more pictures in the file that were either out of focus or simply not very good in terms of painting quality. These were definitely the pick of the bunch, although I can see a lot of mistakes with them. There are also plenty of places where they really needed tidying up and splashes etc being removed. Some of the shading is pretty terrible and I can see lots of things I'd do differently now.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good photography for an earlier digital camera. Do you still have the figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. The reason I was photographing them in 2005 was to sell them on ebay, which I did.

      Delete