Thursday 11 January 2024

My plans for 2024.

A few days ago, I looked back at what I had planned for last year. Now, I am going to look forward to the coming 12 months and look at the things I want to work on as my main projects for 2024, as well as note down a few things that I can work on in between if I'm feeling a bit bored with the main job in hand.

I have three big 28mm projects (the first two being the most important);

An Elven Army for Midgard which will also work for Sword and Spear Fantasy. I have all the figures for these. They are the excellent Oathmark Elves from North Star. I have Heavy and Light Infantry and the recently-released Cavalry. I've probably got more Heavy Infantry than I really need (I went for the original High Elf army bundle North Star released when Oathmark was first launched) but I'm sure I'll find a use for any leftovers.

A 1940 French Infantry platoon with various support options for Chain of Command. These are all Warlord Games. I've two boxes of infantry, a M1897 75mm gun and a Hotchkiss MMG. I'll have enough figures for an extra Groupe de Combat, extra crew members for the gun and MMG and probably a sniper team and some engineers. 

More 28mm Bloody Miniatures 17th century figures. These will be two more of the Foot releases as well as the recent release of Horse.

Another 28mm project I hope to get done is another Xenos Rampant force using the Wargames Atlantic Deathfields Bulldogs. I want to give these a real Weird WW1 vibe.

I've got things to complete from 2023 too. Top of the list are those 28mm Bicorne Miniatures pikemen.

At some point, I'll carry on with my 15mm Warhammer Empire themed army but I really needs to be in the right mood to work on this.

I will carry on working on scenic stuff too. I have loads of 28mm Sci Fi things to get painted and also some 28mm Renedra plastic buildings. I've also got various 15mm and 28mm odds and ends which I can work on in between the big projects. I also need to work on trees, river sections and other stuff. I might even get round to doing my long-planned but never started modular graveyard, complete with weird sculptures and other stuff. I've got all the bits I need. All I need now is the willpower and the time to make it happen.

I've also got the Bad Squiddo Community Miniatures figures to do. These will also be worked on when I need a break from Elves or French infantry.

Inevitably, I have Pulp/7TV figures to work on too, but that part of the backlog is slowly shrinking.

There are lots of other things I might get round too working on (late 19th century North West Frontier in 15mm, 28mm Bad Squiddo Soviet Women, various WW2 North Africa in different scales etc) but they aren't actual objectives.

I expect that this time next year, I'll still have things I never got round to finishing, or even starting! So it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment