Saturday 30 December 2023

My final completed thing in 2023

Well, despite my best intentions, I've only finished one last piece this year. This is it.


I bought this at the club's Tabletop Sale back in May for (I think) £3. It is a Warmachines Mariner War Jack, whatever that might be, but I think it will be great for Steampunk and Pulp games, either as a McGuffin, an objective or an enemy.

I undercoated it in black and gave it progressive layers and areas of Vallejo bronze and brass, with oiled steel where appropriate (e.g. on the anchor and chain). Then it got all all-over wash of Nuln Oil.

I then washed the steel with Vallejo orange brown to give an impression of rust and a wash of pale blue mixed with green to create a patina of verdegris.

When I based it, I allowed the sandy basing gunk to stick to the thing's feet, to look like sand.

The Peaky Blinder is only there for scale purposes, but I doubt that his Lewis gun would be much use against such a Behemoth.

3 comments:

  1. Not quite my bag, but good painting techniques and lovely finish Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on that mechanical beast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha it's so badass! You should absolutely put it in games with your Peaky there.

    ReplyDelete