Monday 9 October 2023

I bought this at the beginning of 2022 .............

............... and now, more than 21 months later, I've actually painted it!


It is a PaK 40 7.5cm anti-tank gun with five crew and a junior leader. It will be a deadly addition to my collection of German support options for Chain of Command.

The gun and figures are from Peter Pig, as are all my WW2 German troops. I decided to put all the crew on a single base and use a small dice to record casualties. Because of the size of the gun, I had to base it on a 6cm MDF disc, so putting the crew on the same base made sense. It gives the whole thing a smaller footprint than having some of the crew on separate bases, which is easier for removing casualties.

So, now I have a big A/T gun for my Heer. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it on the table in the not too distant future.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely big gun, and basing for this sort of thing is tricky, because you expect them to be all crammed in around the gun, but then they are supposed to be separate for casualty removal... mini dice, or rings or something is a good way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have 7mm dice frames on round bases that I use to record shock, both single and double ones. I plan to use a double one with red dice for shock and purple ones to count crew casualties.

      Delete