Sunday 27 March 2022

Far East project - part two

To go with my initial platoon, I have some support options. First, a 2-pdr anti-tank gun and a Lanchester 6x4 armoured car


The gun and crew are from Peter Pig and the armoured car is a 3-D print from Butlers. I would have preferred to get the Skytrex version of the Lanchester but it was out of stock, so I took my first step into the world of printed vehicles. It is OK, but it has a lot of visible printing lines on the model. It will do, though because I doubt that it will survive on the table for very long. If it does, all those Vickers MMGs will come in handy.

The 2-pdr gun should be a threat to any Japanese tanks that might turn up. 


My other supports are, from left to right, a FOO, a Vickers MMG team and a sniper. These are all Peter Pig. The radio operator with the FOO is actually a late war British figure, with BD trousers and a MK III helmet, but at this scale it doesn't make any difference. In any case, his legs are covered by vegetation. The sniper is also a late war figure, but underneath that camo netting, who will ever know?


2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! That Lanchester AC design always puts me in mind of a collection of separate components that just happen to be travelling in the same direction.

    ReplyDelete