Saturday 20 May 2017

Possible Infantry for VBCW.

A few days ago, I posted about the Tabletop Sale at the club, ending the post with a picture of the odds and ends that I picked up.

So far, I've only assembled the plastic figures and undercoated them, because I have been working on the ten metal ones, the Renegade Miniatures WW1 Scottish infantry.

As I wrote previously, I don't intend them to be used as WW1 Scots at all. My idea is to use them for VBCW and other games, such as Call of Cthulhu and 7TV.


To make them look a bit more not-Scottish, I decided to give them green bands on their Glengarry bonnets, but apart from that, they have been given fairly standard-looking uniforms and equipment. As well as the green trim on the Glengarries, I've also given the troops green shoulder tabs. The squad leader actually has a slightly different appearance to the rest of the squad, his bonnet is of a more formal style, with a cap badge and longer tails, so, I painted it completely green. I've also given him green and yellow collar tabs. I intend these to look like rank markings, rather than just give him standard stripes on the arms of his service tunic. After all, this is some faction's private army, not a squad of regulars.

Anyway, I think that they have come up rather nicely and I might have to think about some more senior chaps and maybe a Lewis Gun team, but these will do for now.

3 comments:

  1. There's a Home Guard list for CoC that can be leveraged for VBCW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and of course the extensive Spanish Civil War list.

      Delete
    2. Yes, indeed. Lots of options there.

      Delete